Friday, December 10, 2010

Our Vice-Chancellor Bob Cryan write to us today:

The text below is an extract from an e-mail from our VC.

"From 2012 our students will have to pay higher fees to compensate for the 80%+ cut in teaching funding that we will receive and they will have 30 years to pay it back.  I cannot ask our future students to do this without being prepared to do it myself.  I have benefitted from an outstanding education at the University of Huddersfield and so, once we have set our fee levels, I intend to take on the same 30 year tuition fee debt as our future students and will set up a standing order to make payments directly to a student support fund for our University."


It is clear that there are going to be some significant cuts and we will see dramatic change in every University now, however I present our VC's words here with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment